A Haven Channel Promo

Music - Revolutionary Road by Thomas Newman

For my friend Darkness Dawn and her brilliant
Stargate Portal Channel

:thumbz: :thumbz: :thumbz:

Post subject: Re: The Stargate Portal - A Haven Channel Promo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:11 pm 
VIP

This was really good NightAl another amazing promo :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:42 am 
Haven's Designer

Many thanks again Sakura, :bowz: :bowz: :heartz: :heartz:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 pm 
VIP Elite

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't know whats more shocking, the amazingness that is this video, or the hugely embarrassingly long time I've been away and because of that been so slow to see the video and reply :flutterz:

NightAl I've long admired your videos and been enjoyong and watching them since back at the stage6 forumer and I've been away with work while you made this and to open this post and see your video on my arrival, to say it was really nice is such a huge understatement :heartz:

Where to start?
OK I'll have to start with my thoughts on the video, then a thankyou from both me and the portal :cheerz:

Firstly before going through it bit by bit I just want to say this is my ideal channel video, you capture my channel and all that is stargate and you do it in your usual sytlistic and artistic way.

The music was perfect and very fitting, I've never heard of Thomas newman before but the music was, well the best way to describe is to say no other piece of music would have been as good as this :thumbz:

From 13 to 19 seconds in the title fades in and out and displays "Welcome to the home of Stargate on Haven Video" which is the perfect welcome to my channel and very personal. Backdropped by the wormhole which is the essence of the stargate itself and very iconic and symbolic.

I love the shot and way you showed the gould mothership in space at 37 seconds in.

And then another welcome personally to my channel, this is very nice and love the pic in the background with the pyramid centre, I love how you captured, featured and themed the three most important visual icons that make stargate which are imo the wormhole, the stargate ofc and the pyramid/s

Then 55 seconds in you start to feature some of the main charecters, starting with my favorite jason mamoa feom Atlantis then you feature all the main atlantis cast which is just perfect, Atlantis is my best and a lot of other peoples, SG1 is the starter and awesome and Universe is awesome also but hasn't got what Atlantis has, then at almost fade to black at 1:56 my banner fades in with the wormhol in the background, this was very magical and special to see for the first time and still is each time I watch it, my banner may not be the best in the channel line up but it took me a while and was very nice in a personal way to see there in the video, you captured everything I could ever possibly want Al :wubz:

So as I said I have to thank you for both me and my channel, and on the stargate portals behalf this is just beyond belief, now visitors can get a welcome video made just for the portal especially, and my channels not just a channel with a few links and wallpapers now but its a channel with its own ground and on its own right :heartz:

This is way appreciated NightAl I am completly blown over and happy with this it really makes my channel and gives it an edge :bowz:

For me personally, it's a very special, creative, selfless, artistic and touching thing to do for someone and it's touched my heart. Thank you Al, maybe Australia has all that sunshine is because you are there, your not just very special kind and selfless, but you have an enornormous heart and talent to create such amazing videos and you have the heart to share them and dedicate them. I'll be spending a lot more time on my channel now. :heartz:

Much love to you Al.

Dawn x :heartz:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:54 am 
Haven's Designer

Many thanks Dawn, beautiful comments hun and really encouraging. :heartz: :heartz:

Thanks also for the comments in Creative Content :heartz: :heartz: ... I left this reply for you:

Many thanks for those beautiful comments Dawn, I was deeply touched. :heartz:

After watching several episodes and a movie of Stargate, I could see why you love it. I was really impressed.... very addictive stuff.

To me, the worm hole symbolized the concept of a star gate superbly so I tried to make the video from the view of actually traveling through the worm hole and capturing the scenes as we rush through. :)

and ..... a wonderful coincidence .... I'm delighted and amazed that Jason Mamoa is your favorite character, :thumbz: the placement order of the images was totally random hun, I could have easily left him out, but there he is in top spot :heartz:

Thanks again angel, I'm really, really happy you liked the video, your comments make me believe I have achieved what I set out to do .... and I'm more than happy for you to post it anywhere you want to :cheerz: :cheerz: :cheerz:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:39 am 
VIP Elite

NightAl Help :eek:

I lost everything on my old computer including this and I can't find a link for it anywhere?

It's going in the top of my channel. x :heartz:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:29 am 
Haven's Designer

No problems Dawn :heartz:

Heres the player, and the link is to it's Vimeo page. You can also download the MP4 on that page (but you may need to log in)

http://vimeo.com/35725178

:cheerz: :cheerz:

Post subject: Re: The Stargate Portal - A Haven Channel Promo - Vimeo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:22 pm 
VIP Elite

Thankyou :bowz:

PS I like how you did all the A's SG style :heartz:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:52 pm 
VIP Elite

My channel was very drab looking and I didn't know what do with it, you inspired me :bowz: :heartz:

viewtopic.php?p=351281#p351281

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:10 pm 
VIP Elite

Think I might use this though as its :bowz:

Profile E-mail