Free Online Movie Sites     Movie Search     Forum Search     Register

HavenVideo contains User Generated Content and we Respect Copyright Holders
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last Book You Read?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:08 am 
Advanced Member

satch72 wrote:
I'm reading Dicken's Nicholas Nickleby....I wish I'd read it years ago. Very remiss of me but better late than never :thumbz:
(My very first post! yay!)

a great read. long. but most excellent :thumbz:

and congratulations on the first post!!

hopefully many more to come! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:02 pm 

The Lord of The Rings.. All of them :)
My dad told me that he read them in dutch when he was my age so now I'm reading them..
In english though, I think that they will be "better" in the original language. I also want to really see the movie but I'll have to go through another 600 hundred pages to finish the series.. Also I'm afraid that it will totally crush the little world that I'm in now and f*ck up the idea I had and the thoughts I had about it... Sometimes movies do that to you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:08 am 
Advanced Member

gave this one a go and while it reiterated a lot of my own ideas it was well worth the read..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:08 am 
Advanced Member

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:37 pm 

american gods -neil gaiman. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 pm 
Advanced Member

&

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:52 am 
Advanced Member

how to cook shishkabobs according to the mongol style of cookery. had a barbecue last weekedn, and the k-bobs were the hit! :bowz:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:33 am 
Advanced Member

The Last Olympian

Come here and take your clothes off! Get on top of me and do what you gotta do until you're satisfied.
- Sincerely, The Toilet

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:46 am 

ann rice servant of the bonesImage

A new saga begins, a major departure for the incomparable Anne Rice.

Having created fantastic universes of vampires and witches, having chronicled the exploits of Lestat and the Mayfairs, she carries us now into new realms of the occult, the mystical, and the magical, and into the presence--now and through the centuries--of a dark and luminous new hero: the powerful, witty, smiling Azriel, Servant of the Bones.

He is ghost, demon, angel--in love with the good, in thrall to the evil. He pours out his heart to us, telling us his astonishing story when he finds himself--in our own time, in New York City--a dazed witness to the murder of a young girl called Esther and inexplicably obsessed by the desire to avenge her.

He takes us back to his mortal youth in the magnificent city of Babylon--the gateway to the pagan gods, a wonder of ziggurats, shrines, and ships at anchor from all nations.

We see Azriel at twenty--a Jew, educated, rich, beautiful, fiercely devoted to his captive Hebrew tribe, and dedicated to his prophets Jeremiah and Isaiah. In this time of bloody wars and religious upheavals, greedy kings and cunning magicians who vie with rabbis for spiritual domination, Azriel falls victim to a royal plot compounded by his devotion to his Hebrew God--only to be plucked from death by evil priests and sorceresses and transformed into a genii commanded to do their bidding.

Challenging these forces of destruction, marshalling all his strength and wit to defeat them, Azriel embarks on his perilous journey through time--from Babylon's hanging gardens to the Europe of the Black Death to Manhattan in the 1990s--and ultimately to his crucial confrontation with the ambitious and charismatic multibillionaire, the televangelist-terrorist Gregory Belkin, father of the mysteriously murdered Esther--and the twentieth-century embodiment of all that Azriel has struggled against.

As Azriel's quest approaches its climactic horror, he dares to use and to risk his supernatural powers in the hope of forestalling a world-threatening conspiracy, and redeeming, at last, what was denied him so long ago: his own eternal human soul.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:43 am 

Michael Crichton's "NEXT". Frightening novel ("it's all about genes"). :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next